Never tried couscous? Unsure what to do with tofu? What better way to get introduced to both of these ingredients in one single dish? The best part of tofu is that it takes on the flavor of sauces very well, and this means that our Pastamore Honey Ginger Teriyaki Marinade and Grill Sauce
can really shine.
1 block - extra firm tofu (14-16 oz)2 Tbsp - Pastamore Honey Ginger Teriyaki Marinade and Grill Sauce
2 Tbsp - chili garlic sauce
2 cups - couscous
2 cups - water
1 Tbsp - olive oil
1/4 cup - fresh cilantro
1/2 - medium red onion
Juice of 1/2 lime
To taste - salt and black pepper
As garnish - sesame seeds
1. Add 2 cups of water to a medium pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add couscous and lime juice. Cover and remove from heat. Remove lid after 10-12 minutes and stir in olive oil and mix well. Set to side.
2. Slice onion. Cut block of tofu and in half and cut into 1/4-1/2" thick pieces.
3. Heat large non-stick pan on the stove over medium-low heat. Add tofu and onions, and season to taste with salt and black pepper. Cook until tofu is browned and flip tofu and stir onions. Cook until browned. Add Pastamore Honey Ginger Teriyaki Ginger Marinade and Grill Sauce
and chili garlic sauce. Mix well and heat until warm.
4. Tear cilantro and add to rice. Season rice to taste with salt and black pepper and mix well.
5. Plate couscous and top with spicy tofu.