Lemon and asparagus are a perfect pair, and our Meyer Lemon Oil
works perfectly in this recipe with fresh asparagus. Black beans, which are full of fiber and plant-based protein, top off this side dish as a great change of pace. This dish would also be great with sauteed onions.
1 15 oz can black beans
1 lb fresh asparagus2Tbsp Pastamore Meyer Lemon Oil
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
To taste salt and black pepper
1. Add black beans to medium pot and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer.
2. Rinse asparagus and cut of fibrous stems. Cut the asparagus into 1-2" long pieces.
3. Heat a large frying pan on the stove over medium-low heat. Once hot, add asparagus and 1 Tbsp of Pastamore Meyer Lemon Oil
. Cook until tender, stirring as needed. Season to taste with red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper.
4. Drain black beans and return to cooking pot. Add 1/2 tsp garlic powder and mix well.
5. Plate the asparagus and top with the black beans. Finish with a drizzle of Pastamore Meyer Lemon Oil