WILD MUSHROOM LINGUINI with CHICKEN and VEGETABLES in a CREAM SAUCE
1 tablespoon garlic powder, or to taste
1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons butter
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1/2 cup white wine
1 package Pastamore Wild Mushroom Linguini
1 cup chopped broccoli
1 zucchini, cubed
3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (optional)
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine garlic powder, poultry seasoning, cayenne pepper, onion powder, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in an empty salt shaker. Lightly sprinkle the seasoning mixture over the chicken breasts. Reserve the remaining seasoning mix.
2. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place the chicken breasts in the skillet and cook, covered, for 5 minutes. Pour in the white wine and reduce heat to medium. Continue cooking until the chicken breasts are no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 15 to 20 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Place chicken on a plate and set aside.
3. While the chicken is cooking, fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Add Pastamore Wild Mushroom Linguini and cook until al dente. Drain well in a colander set in the sink.
4. Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the broccoli, and cook for 1 minute, then drop in the zucchini. Cook uncovered until just tender, about 2 minutes more. Drain in a colander, then immediately immerse in ice water for several minutes until cold to stop the cooking process. Once the vegetables are cold, drain well, and set aside.
5. Stir the mushrooms into the same skillet used to cook the chicken over medium-high heat. Cook and stir until the mushrooms are tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Pour the heavy cream into the skillet and bring to a simmer, scraping up any brown bits on the bottom of the skillet. Stir in the Parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes, and remaining seasoning mix. Add the cooked vegetables and linguine; toss. Season with salt and pepper to taste.