Looking for a meatless Monday recipe or tired of your same old tofu recipe? Then you're in luck because this recipe combines our flavorful Lemon Garlic Orzo
with pan-seared tofu. Another quick, simple recipe to liven up your meal.
1 14 oz package extra firm tofu1 12 oz package Pastamore Lemon Garlic Orzo
1 large red bell pepper
1 medium yellow onion
1 tsp canola or avocado oil
To taste salt and black pepper
Lemon as garnish
1. Heat a large pot of water on the stove over high heat. Bring to a boil.
2. Drain tofu and dry on paper towel. Cut tofu in half, and cut halves into 1/4-1/2" thick pieces. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
3. Rinse red bell pepper and remove stem and seeds. Cut into 2-3" x 1/4" strips. Remove skin from onion and slice into 1/4" thick slices. Heat large non-stick pan on the stove over medium heat. Once hot, add the oil, red pepper, and onion. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Cook until browned and tender. Remove from heat.
4. Place a large non-stick pan on the stove over medium heat. Add 1/2 of the tofu. Cook until golden brown and flip. Once second side is browned, remove from pan and cook the second half of tofu.
5. Once water is boiling, add the Pastamore Lemon Garlic Orzo
. Cook until al dente (4-5 minutes). Drain orzo using a fine colander retaining a little liquid in the pot.
6. Add all ingredients to the pot. Gently mix and heat until warm. Plate and top with lemon garnish.