Looking for a vegetarian or meatless Monday recipe to try? This seared tofu and pasta dish is a great way to start out your week. Swap out the plain olive oil in the recipe for our Pastamore Basil Parmesan Olive Oil
for an extra kick of flavor.
Ingredients:1 12 oz package Pastamore Italian Herb Penne
1 14 oz package extra firm tofu
1 pint grape tomatoes, rinsed2 Tbsp Pastamore Traditional Barrel-Aged Balsamic Vinegar
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp garlic powder
To taste salt and black pepper
1. Heat a large pot of water on the stove over high heat. Once boiling, add the Pastamore Italian Herb Penne
. Cook until al dente and drain using a colander.
2. While the pasta is cooking, heat a large non-stick pan on the stove medium-low heat. Add 1 Tbsp of olive oil and the grape tomatoes. Stir often.
3. Drain tofu and cut down the middle from top to bottom. Cut tofu into 1/4" thick pieces. Heat a large non-stick pan on the stove over medium heat. Add half of the tofu, season to taste with salt and black pepper, and cook until golden brown on both sides turning once during the cooking process. Cook the second half of the tofu.
4. Return cooked pasta to large pot along with cooked tomatoes, garlic powder, and 1 Tbsp of olive oil. Mix well and season to taste with salt and black pepper.
5. Plate pasta and tofu. Finish dish with a drizzle of Patsamore Traditional Barrel-Aged Balsamic Vinegar