Sweet, crunchy, and savory. Not how you might normally describe your vegetables! These browned Brussels sprouts burst with flavor thanks to our Pastamore Fig Balsamic Vinegar
1.5 lbs fresh Brussels sprouts
1 Tbsp honey2 Tbsp Pastamore Fig Balsamic Vinegar
1/4 cup chopped roasted almonds
1 medium shallot
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 Tbsp avocado or olive oil
1. Peel shallot and slice. Cut Brussels sprouts in half from top to bottom.
2. Heat a large pot on the stove over medium heat. Once hot, add the oil and allow to heat. Once hot add the shallot and cook until caramelized.
3. Add the Brussels sprouts and stir well. Season with salt and black pepper.
4. Cook until Brussels sprouts are browned and fork tender stirring often. Whisk together honey and Pastamore Fig Balsamic in a small mixing bowl. Add to the Brussels sprouts and cook for 2-3 more minutes stirring often.
5. Remove from pan and plate onto large dish. Top with chopped almonds and a drizzle of Pastamore Fig Balsamic Vinegar