1 butternut squash weighing about 2 1/2 pounds
1 package Pastamore Gluten Free Sweet Potato Fettuccine
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1/2 cup of chopped shallots
1/2 cup of packed, freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
1/8 teaspoon of grated nutmeg
1 tablespoon of chopped parsley, for garnish
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 cup water
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Cut the butternut squash lengthwise in half. Next scoop out the guts and seeds and discard them.
Pour 1/4 cup of water into a baking dish and place the butternut squash halves cut side down.
Bake for 40 minutes or until a fork easily pierces the squash. Allow to cool for 10 minutes. Scoop out the squash flesh from the skins and put into a blender. Discard the skins.
3. Saute the onion in the olive oil over medium-high heat in a small skillet until just beginning to brown, about 3-4 minutes. Add the onions,1 cup water, the Parmesan, Greek yogurt, 2 teaspoons salt, pepper and nutmeg into the blender and puree.
4. Pour the sauce into a small pot set over low heat. Warm it through, stirring constantly. Do not let the sauce boil.
5. Fill a pot with water and add 1 TBSP salt. Set over high heat to bring to a hard boil. Add the pasta and cook, uncovered until al dente (12-14 minutes). When the pasta is ready, drain and rinse well. Mix with a little of the sauce and serve.Add a dollop of additional sauce and some parsley right when you bring it to the table.
We pride ourselves on providing some of the best locally-sourced gourmet foods and ingredients available. Join the Pastmore tribe and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.