Those little taco seasoning packets at the store always taste suspiciously good. I remember years ago when I turn one over and read the ingredients, and they never seemed quite as appetizing afterwords. Ever since, I have worked on creating a go-to seasoning blend for ground beef. This is a quick and simple recipe, and all of the spices really come together for a robust and enjoyable flavor.
1 lb - ground beef (90/10 or 93/7 preferred as oil will be added)
1/2 tsp - salt
1/4 tsp - cumin
1/4 tsp - oregano
1/4 tsp - smoked paprika
1/2 tsp - black pepper
1/8 tsp - chili powder
1/4 tsp - red pepper flakes
1/8 tsp - garlic powder
1. Place a large saucepan on the stove over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the ground beef.
2. Stir often, breaking the ground beef into the smallest pieces as possible.
3. Add the spices to the pan. Mix well.
4. When the meat is nearly cooked to your desired doneness, add the Pastamore Fresh Jalapeno Oil.
5. Mix until the oil is evenly distributed, and cook until the desired doneness has been reached.
We pride ourselves on providing some of the best locally-sourced gourmet foods and ingredients available. Join the Pastmore tribe and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.