1 lb - chicken breast
1. Rinse plums, slice into quarters, remove the seed, and place into a food processor. Blend until a puree is reached. Add the Pastamore White Balsamic Vinegar with Pear, ketchup, salt, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, and Chinese five spice. Blend until all of the ingredients are fully mixed. Taste and add additional salt if needed.
2. Place the chicken breasts into a large zip-top bag or into a medium-size mixing bowl. Add 3/4 of the plum sauce and fully cover the chicken. Allow the chicken to marinade for a minimum of 30 minutes.
3. Turn the grill on to medium-high heat. Once hot, place the chicken on the grill. Add a large spoonful of plum sauce from the marinading container on top of the chicken. Flip once during the cooking process, and spoon on more plum sauce after flipping the chicken. Cook until the the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165º F. Remove from the grill and place to the side.
4. While the chicken is resting, add the mayonnaise and the Pastamore Asian with a hint of ginger Dipping Oil into a small bowl. Mix using a fork or a small whisk until the sauce is smooth. Slice the chicken into bun length strips that are 1/4" thick.
5. Plate by placing the bottom bun on the plate and adding 3/4 Tbsp of Asian mayonnaise onto the bottom bun. Place 1/3 of the chicken on each sandwich, and then add a large spoonful of the 1/4 plum sauce saved from the beginning. Add arugula and finish with the top bun.
We pride ourselves on providing some of the best locally-sourced gourmet foods and ingredients available. Join the Pastmore tribe and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.