The seasonal ingredient for this month is...turkey! Prices on turkeys are super low this time of year, and after thanksgiving has passed stores will be selling what's left for cheap!! This is a turkey meatball recipe, and people can make their own ground turkey by cutting up the raw turkey and placing it into the food processor. A good way to save a few bucks and it will freeze really well.
Ingredients:Servings - 4
1 lb - ground turkey
1. Preheat oven to 400º F.
2. While the oven is heating, peel the carrot and wash the celery. Break into 3-inch long pieces and place into a food processor. Blend until the vegetables are minced very fine. Remove from the food processor and place into a large mixing bowl.
3. Add the olive oil, bread crumbs, egg, and spices to the mixing bowl. Stir until the ingredients are evenly distributed.
4. Add the ground turkey to the mixing bowl. Mix until evenly combined. Form the mixture into 10-15 meatballs, and place into a 9" x 13" baking dish. Place into the oven.
5. Cook the meatballs for 10 minutes. Remove the baking dish from the oven, and place on the stove top. Using a spatula or brush spread the Pastamore Fig Balsamic Vinegar on to the top of the meatballs. Return to the oven and cook for 5-10 more minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165ºF.
6. Remove from the oven, and allow to set for at least 5 minutes before eating. Serve with a baked potato and your favorite seasonal vegetable.
We pride ourselves on providing some of the best locally-sourced gourmet foods and ingredients available. Join the Pastmore tribe and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.