Servings - 3-4
3 - ears of corn
.75-1 lb - chicken breast
4 cups - vegetable or chicken broth
1 tbsp - Pastamore White Balsamic Vinegar with Pear
1/4 tsp - oregano
1/4 tsp - red peppers flakes
1/8 tsp - smoked paprika
2 - bay leafs
To taste - salt and black pepper
1. Remove husks and stalks from corn, and rinse to remove any excess strands. Over a large bowl, hold the corn vertically while using a sharp knife to remove the kernels. Cut the corn cobs in half and reserve.
2. Heat a large pot on the stove over high heat. Add the vegetable broth, corn cobs, and spices. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes, then add the corn kernels and cook for 10 minutes.
3. Chop the chicken breasts into bite sized pieces. Heat a frying pan on the stove over medium/medium-high heat. Once hot, lightly oil the pan and quickly sear the chicken.
4. Remove the corn cobs and bay leafs and pour the soup into a blender or food processor along with the Pastamore White Balsamic Vinegar with Pear. Mix on high for 1 minute. Strain the soup with a fine colander while pouring it back into the pot.
5. Add the chicken to the soup, bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook until chicken reaches 165 degrees F.
6. Garnish with oregano and serve.
We pride ourselves on providing some of the best locally-sourced gourmet foods and ingredients available. Join the Pastmore tribe and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.