It sure looks like a penne kind of week, and with the weather getting colder what better than a hearty, creamy sauce. This recipe uses our Pastamore Italian Herb Penne with tomatoes,
spinach, and milk. Cream sauces can be difficult as if not tended to properly can break and separate. Follow this link for some tips on how to keep your cream sauce in tip top shape.
The more fat in the dairy the easier it will be to cook, but with care lower fat milk can be used.
1 12 oz package - Pastamore Italian Herb Penne
12 oz - milk
1 large - tomato
1 cup - baby spinach
1 Tbsp - butter
To taste - salt and black pepper
As garnish - parmesan cheese
1. Heat a large pot of water on the stove over high heat. Rinse tomato and dice into 1/4" cubes.
2. While the water is heating, place a large frying pan on the stove over medium heat. Once hot, add the butter and tomatoes. Cook for 3-4 minutes and then slowly add the milk. Reduce heat to medium-low, and reduce.
3. Add the Pastamore Italian Herb Penne to the boiling water. Cook until al dente and drain using a colander. Return to the stove over medium low heat.
4. Season the sauce to taste with salt and black pepper. Turn off the heat and add the baby spinach. Stir for one minute and add to the pot with the pasta.
5. Mix well and adjust seasoning as needed. Plate and top with parmesan cheese as garnish.