1 lb - tilapia
1/2 tsp - salt
1/2 tsp - garlic powder
1/4 tsp - oregano
1/4 tsp - black pepper
As needed - vegetable oil
As needed - corn tortillas
1 - pineapple, skin removed and cored
1 Tbsp - Pastamore Fresh Jalapeño Oil
1 large - tomato
1/8 - red onion
5 sprigs - fresh cilantro
To taste - salt and black pepper
2 cups - shredded cabbage
1/4 cup - mayonnaise
1 Tbsp - Pastamore White Balsamic Vinegar with Pear
To taste - salt
1. Combine shredded cabbage, mayonnaise, and Pastamore White Balsamic Vinegar with Pear into a medium-sized mixing bowl. Fold until evenly mixed. Season to taste with salt. Place into the refrigerator.
2. Chop pineapple into 1/2" x 1/2" pieces. Dice tomato into 1/4" cubes. Finely dice onion. Finely dice the cilantro. Add prepped ingredients to a medium-sized mixing bowl along with the Pastamore Fresh Jalapeño Oil. Mix well and season to taste with salt and black pepper.
3. Combine salt, garlic powder, oregano, and black pepper into a small mixing bowl. Mix well using a spoon or whisk. Season both sides of the fish using the spice mix. Heat a large frying pan on the stove over medium-high heat. Add enough oil to keep the fish from sticking.
4. Add the fish to the pan and cook to a minimum temperature of 145ºF, turning once during the cooking process. Adjust seasoning if needed.
5. While the fish is cooking, heat as many corn tortillas as needed. I like to heat them in a lightly oiled pan on medium-high heat and transfer to a cover pot after heating both sides.
6. Plate the tortilla and top with the fish. Add the white balsamic slaw next, and finish with the pineapple salsa. Serve and enjoy!