Eating chicken all the time can be tedious. That's why adding shredded chicken into the mix can be a good way to change of the typical texture. This recipe combines the fall flavors of rosemary and acorn squash and pairs them with our Pastamore Roasted Garlic Balsamic Dipping Oil . This dish would be great served with brown rice or over quinoa.
1 lb - chicken breast
1. Heat a large pot on the stove over high heat. Add chicken breast and 3 cups chicken broth. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
2. Cut acorn squash in half from top to bottom. Remove seeds with spoon. Cut off top and top and bottom of squash and remove skin. Chop into 3/4" cubes.
3. Heat a large pan on the stove over medium heat. Once hot, add the butter, acorn squash, and rosemary. Cook until tender, stirring often. Decrease heat or add water to pan if squash is browning too quickly.
4. Cook chicken until internal temperature has reached 165ºF. Remove chicken from pot and shred, pulling the chicken apart with two forks.
5. Add chicken and Pastamore Roasted Garlic Balsamic Dipping Oil to the acorn squash. Mix well. Serve and enjoy.
We pride ourselves on providing some of the best locally-sourced gourmet foods and ingredients available. Join the Pastmore tribe and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.