1 12 oz package - Pastamore Garlic Chive Fettuccine (gluten-free)
1/2 lb - lean ground beef
8 oz - white mushrooms
1/2 - white onion
1 - green bell pepper
1 cup - shredded provolone cheese
1.5 cups - skim milk
1 Tbsp - corn starch
To taste - salt and black pepper
Cooking spray - as needed
1. Rinse and remove seeds from green pepper and slice into 1/2" x 2" pieces. Thinly slice onion and quarter mushrooms.
2. Heat a large pot of water on the stove over high heat. Bring to a boil.
3. Heat a large non-stick pan on the stove over medium heat. Once hot, add ground beef, mushrooms, onions, and bell peppers. Cook until vegetables are tender, stirring often. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
4. Add Pastamore Garlic Chive Fettuccine to boiling water. Cook until al dente. Drain using a colander and rinse thoroughly with water. Return cooking pot.
5. Add 1 cup of skim milk along with shredded cheese in small pot over low heat. Whisk remaining milk with cornstarch. Slowly pour in cornstarch mixture, whisking often.
6. Combine meat and vegetable mixture, cheese sauce, and pasta into large pot or bowl. Stir until combined and season to taste with salt and black pepper.
We pride ourselves on providing some of the best locally-sourced gourmet foods and ingredients available. Join the Pastmore tribe and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.