Polenta is a great ingredient because it is a blank canvas that can work with many different flavors. In this recipe, our Pastamore Rosemary with Roasted Garlic Dipping Oil adds a great flavor profile. Topped with eggs and avocado, this dish would be a great addition to your breakfast or brunch.
6 cups - water
1 3/4 cups - yellow cornmeal
3 Tbsp - Pastamore Rosemary with Roasted Garlic Dipping Oil
2 tsp - salt
As needed - eggs
1 - avocado
To taste - salt and black pepper
1. Heat 6 cups of water in a large pot. Bring to a boil slowly whisk in cornmeal and add salt. Reduce to a simmer and cook until cornmeal is tender (10-15 minutes) stirring often. Add Pastamore Rosemary with Roasted Garlic Dipping Oil and mix well.
2. Spoon polenta into a 9"x9" pan and place in the refrigerator. Cool for at least 2 hours. Cut circles from the cooled polenta using a large glass or ring molds.
3. Cook eggs over easy to desired doneness. Cut out using same sized glass or ring mold. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
4. Remove skin and seed from avocado. Cut into thin slices.
5. Plate the polenta and top with the cooked egg and avocado slices.
We pride ourselves on providing some of the best locally-sourced gourmet foods and ingredients available. Join the Pastmore tribe and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.